The posts on this blog tend to be short and to the point. But this time around, I thought I’d post the text from my upcoming Sunday sermon. Currently, I’m only speaking about once every couple of months. I really wrestled with what to do this time around; I started to write an outline only to be driven back to old notes. But then these notes kind of jumped off the page, and with a little reworking, here’s what I’ve got so far:
This Means War!
- Imagine you are one of the people being sworn in as a new citizen
- You correctly answer all the questions about George Washington or Sir John A. MacDonald if you’re in Canada
- You attend a ceremony where you are officially welcomed as a citizen
- You’re then told the country is at war and you are needed to serve
- You’ve been drafted, and you truly didn’t see that coming!